Monday, May 24, 2010

I know this is getting boring for you but....

BUT.....
......
...
.......
.......
.......
..............
....................
........................


I got another published article on Teen Ink, it's one of my favorites. It's another (super short) memoir titled "Eyes That Cannot See"
And while I'm announcing my online publication, I want to announce that I finished the rough draft of the first chapter of my novel, Song of the Lost.
I was singing and smiling all day yesterday when I finished that one chapter and posted THIS on Facebook.


Kirthi I feel like a real writer!! ~sob~ I'm so happy!!!!!! ~even more sobs~ I can't believe I'm a writer!!!


Hannah why lol :D
Natasha : congrats! did u finally finish a book? if so, i want to be one of the first to read it!!! :)

Hannah: you wrote a book!?!?! WOW!?!?! kool

Nikita: whats it called?

Kirthi: actually I finished the first chapter.....it was a long chapter!

Kirthi: Oh yeah, it's called Song of the Lost. SCARY!! oooooh

Hannah: oh haha kool :D

Melissa: Sounds great Kirthi

______________________________________

It's actually not SCARY! Here, I'll try to summarize:

Clara Luna DeMeyers lost both her parents and sister in an accident, leaving her and her little brother Ash orphans. They move to Ireland to live with their grandparents. Clara feels...lost, her soul was shattered after hearing of the accident, and she's trying to fit the pieces back together, but she can't do it alone. With a grandfather that shares her sorrow and a young boy who helps her see the path ahead, she knows that she can find herself, no matter how long it may take.


It sounds so typical, doesn't it? I mean, we HAVE to get rid of the parents, all the time, in a YA novel, so ta-da. There has to be a boy of special interest, and he has to be good-looking, which he is. He (Aiden) has this totally cute Irish accent! But the rest is completly mine! And it's awesome.

How? I wrote this poem at school in Math class with Mr. Fuller, and I was inspired. The title of each chapter is a line of that poem. There are only 7 lines, (I'm thinking of adding more) so the chapters are going to be very long..
When will I finish? Soon, I hope. I want to write this and share it to the world, I want to be an inspiration! I also want to get published and be famous and all, but you know, that's an extra bonus, for people to actually LIKE my writing!

Why Teen Ink? Writing for Teen Ink will publish my work online, maybe build my writing portfolio (so vote, you people, vote for my articles!) so that I could get an agent.

Oh my friggin' gosh. I had a brilliant idea!!! I could do a contest! All you have to do is vote on one of my articles and get extra entries and then the prize could be something I could afford....I only have a few books and I'm low on cash...hmm....ideas anyone??

1 Comment,

emily said...

Congrats on another published article:D!