Monday, December 20, 2010

First time in 372 years...a stargazing phenomenon!

"For the first time in 372 years, the winter equinox and a total lunar eclipse happen on the same day, and North America is one of the best spots to view the show."

"The lunar eclipse with begin in 2:40 in the morning on the East coast and will last 72 minutes. A little bit more than 14 hours later, the winter solscist occurs, when the North Pole is farthest from the sun."

Watch the full video here

 Of course, I'm going to have my camera out to record this awesome phenomenon, tomorrow on Tuesday the 21st of December.

4 Comments,

Julia said...

been waiting on this for a while. can't wait. :)

emily said...

wow, that sounds really cool! I can't wait to see it.

Golden Eagle said...

It was cloudy here . . . darn. I even got up but it was all cloud cover.

Elizabeth J. said...

I actually didn't hear about the eclipse until it was over...so sad. =(

~Elizabeth