Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Lonely

even when there are so many around me
people of whom I consider friends
family and parents
why do I feel so lonely

this feeling that no one understands
that nobody cares to understand
that I'm all alone
in this world too big for me

when I need them most
they turn away

don't you know that when I decline help
it's because I really need it?

it's a mask I wear
I just want someone to take it off
maybe then I'll know

4 Comments,

Julia said...

Oh Kirthi. Is everything alright?

Golden Eagle said...

I hope you find the person to take off the mask and see the real you, Kirthi.

a_romatherapy said...

IS everything alright? I really do like this post though, because I can definitely relate to the idea that you go through life wearing a 'mask'. However, I don't advise you hide who you truly are. Because as Dr.Seuss put it, “Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” Hope maybe if you someone can't take the mask all off at once, they can slow peel away at the different layers you've hidden yourself under until the reach the real you :)

Rose I. Cunningham said...

that so perfectly describes how I feel as well...I hope you can accept any help I'm willing to offer. You know I'm always here for you. The poem just describes certain adolescent moods so idyllically.