As a Blood Type O you may be predisposed to certain illnesses, such as ulcers and thyroid disorders. In the 1950’s it was discovered that Type O’s had about twice the instances of ulcers of all kinds than the other blood types. These findings have been replicated many times since then. Type O’s tend to have low levels of thyroid hormone and often exhibit insufficient levels of iodine, a chemical element whose sole purpose is thyroid hormone regulation. This causes many side effects such as weight gain, fluid retention and fatigue. Dr. D’Adamo does not recommend iodine supplements, rather a diet rich in saltwater fish and kelp to help regulate the thyroid gland. Bladder Wrack is also an excellent nutrient for type O’s. This herb, actually a seaweed, is very effective as an aid to weight control for Type O’s
And what does being an O say about my personality?
Type O’s most often described themselves in ways related to the following characteristics; responsible, decisive, organized, objective, rule-conscious, and practical. Both male and female Type O’s reported a higher percentage of the mesomorphic body type when compared to controls. Interestingly, Type O’s also scored significantly higher than the rest in “sensing” – using the 5 senses to gather information, and in the sensing-thinking combination, indicating that they are more detail and fact oriented, logical, precise and orderly.
What's recommended for me to do?
- Develop clear plans for goals and tasks – annual, monthly, weekly, daily to avoid impulsivity.
- Make lifestyle changes gradually, rather than trying to tackle everything at once.
- Eat all meals, even snacks, seated at a table.
- Chew slowly and put your fork down between bites of food.
- Avoid making big decisions or spending money when stressed.
- Do something physical when you feel anxious.
- Engage in thirty to forty five minutes of aerobic exercise at least four times per week.
- When you crave a pleasure releasing-substance (alcohol, tobacco, sugar), do something physical.
Go under Individualized Diet to get the information I did about my blood type.
AND go to Online Support and go to TYPEbased food values to find the food that's good and bad for you.
I'm compiling a list of "NO"s and "YES"s like NO to oranges and cream cheese and YES to ginger root and bananas.
Hey look: pasta:
my mouth is salivating just looking at this................oh sweet joy.............................